The Eye mode IEEE 802.3cu compatible PAM Overshoot measurement returns a value expressed as a percentage and is defined as:
- Pmax is based on a 1e-2 hit ratio, where Pmax is the smallest power level that results in the number of samples above that level not exceeding the product of hit ratio and total number of observed samples. All samples are acquired in a single unit interval eye diagram.
- P3 is the power of the level three of the PAM4 waveform.
The hit ratio's default setting is 1e-2 and is based on the IEEE 802.3cu standard. However, after selecting the measurement you can change this ratio if needed.
- Select Eye/Mask Mode.
- Click Auto Scale in the menu toolbar.
- Click the toolbar's PAM tab.
- On the toolbar, locate and click the PAM Overshoot button.